Medicinal Cannabis is available at our pharmacy through the special access scheme (SAS). To get approval a patient must go through an authorised prescriber who can apply to Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) on your behalf.
Tha ARTG will assess your application on a case-by-case basis and give approval where they believe there is sufficient clinical evidence medicinal cannabis may be helpful for your condition.
To date medicinal cannabis has been approved for patients who have the following indications:
- chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting
- refractory paediatric epilepsy
- palliative care indications
- cancer pain
- neuropathic pain
- spasticity from neurological conditions
- anorexia and wasting associated with chronic illness (such as cancer).